Let me tell you a little about me…
I come from a business background and this, together my life experience and clinical practice, makes me very much aware and sympathetic with the fast pace of contemporary life and all the consequent anxiety, fatigue and, at times, loss of direction that can be the result of a high-profile career and demanding business activity.
I am originally from Italy and have lived in the UK most of my adult life. For this reason I can provide Psychotherapy and Coaching in both English and Italian.
I am bilingual and binational which adds to my openness about identity, belonging, home and similar issues. I am sensitive to diversity and inclusion.
Now let me list my training:
- I hold a Masters Degree in Counselling & Psychotherapy and an Advanced Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy (ADEP) from the School of Psychotherapy and Counselling Psychology, Regent’s University, London. The subject of my dissertation was “The Age of Opportunities?” – a study of the transition into mid-life. I graduated with Merit.
- I hold a Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy. This diploma makes me competent in working with couples and addressing issues concerning relationships and sexuality.
- I am trained in CBT ( Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) which I implement as part of my Existential orientation.
- I am an accredited EMDR Practitioner, having completed parts 1,2 and 3 of EMDR Training, in London, with Alexandra Richman and Laura Parnell. I integrate sessions of EMDR, in the context of my Existential Psychotherapy, especially – but not only – in order to address issues connected to trauma, PTSD, panic attacks, fears and psychological blockages – if and when appropriate. I am a Member of the EMDR Association UK and Ireland.
- I am a Certified Psychological Mediator and hold a Diploma issued by Regent’s University, London, in 2012.
- I hold a diploma in Transformational Coaching from the Animas Coaching Institute and a Certificate of Existential Coaching with Yannick Jacob through the SEA.
And finally, some voluntary posts:
- In April 2014 I joined MacMillan Cancer Support as a voluntary Existential Psychotherapist offering psychological support to people affected by cancer, as well as their families and carers. I work at the MacMillan office in Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, and also online.
- From January 2018 until January 2019 I joined Breast Cancer Haven in Fulham Broadway as a voluntary Psychotherapist.
- In connection with the world of Existentialism, I have the opportunity of keeping active on a voluntary way, as Chair of the Society for Existential Analysis (SEA) in London.
- I am a Founder Member of the Federation for Existential Therapy in Europe (FETE).